I’m so pleased you want to know a little more about me. I always start my bios by telling people I’m a Jersey Girl trapped without good diners or boardwalks in New England. Which is very true – diners should be open 24 hours – but since you’re here, I assume you want to know a little more about me.
If you’ve seen any page on this site or in my social media, you know I’m a writer. I write romance under the pen name Rachel Kenley and am working on a women’s fiction novel under my actual name, which is Rona Gofstein.
My first romance novel, Roll Play, was published as an e-book in 2007 with Ellora’s Cave (which has sadly closed). I wrote under Rowan West for my first two books. Back then, people asked me if ebooks were “real”. Things have certainly changed in ten years. Since then I’ve had nine novels released, although only those with Riverdale Avenue Books are now available. I’ve written many short stories and had the opportunity to edit several anthologies. Writing different length works is a lot of fun and definitely, energizes my muse.
At the core of all my stories is passion, desire and a woman’s journey to her greatest self. I really believe that knowing your heart’s desire is the key to a happier life. I love that through my novels readers can not only get lost in the story of the characters but, hopefully, connect with a part of themselves they might have forgotten or ignored. I hope that my writing (including my newsletter and blogs) helps you to learn and live your heart’s desire!
There are so many things that make up my life and I’m happy to talk about them, so feel free to ask me about any of these.
- I’m married for nearly 21 years. My anniversary is in December
- I have two teenage sons whom I’ve been homeschooling (using an unschooling method) since 2010
- I grew up in New Jersey and moved to New England to go to college – and never left
- I graduated from a women’s college
- I host a weekly local television show featuring local artists (click here to see it on YouTube)
- I did Mama Gena’s School of Womanly Arts Mastery program in 2017
- I’m an alumnus of CEO Space, a forum for entrepreneurs
- I want to “retire” to New York City.
I think what people know most about me is:
- The Wizard of Oz is my favorite movie,
- I consider retail therapy vital both emotionally and economically,
- and related to this is is a slight addiction to accessories: shoes, bags, jewelry…
- You shouldn’t talk to me before my morning coffee,
- I believe in shameless flirting,
- I read my first romance at 14 – The Wolf and the Dove by Kathleen Woodiweiss,
- My bullet journal is the first planner to keep me focused and organized after years of trying to find something that would work.
And my personal loves include:
- the theater, especially musicals
- eating out with family and friends
- days at the beach
- going to the movies
- Steven Universe (what a GREAT show)
- chocolate (it’s a food group, right?)
- traveling (I want to do more)
- mid-day naps
- my cats, Charlie and Buster
I’m sure I’ll add to that list over time but I hope this gives you an idea of who I am, what I enjoy and how I spend my time.